July 8, 2014

Convertible Bag 3.0






I love the Convertible Bag, one of the bags from the Bag of the Month Club.  This bag is from Samantha at At Home With Mrs H.  She just recently made this pattern available on her Etsy store here.  It is a great sized bag that can be carried as a cross body bag or by rearranging the straps, can turn into a backpack.  So cute!!  So cute in fact that this bag is the third one I have made.  Look at the other two Convertible Bags I have made down the left hand side of my blog under the March Bags of the Month.

I purchased these fabrics a while back when I was thinking about making a set of matching bags.  I never did make those bags but I still wanted to be able to use these in some bag where both fabrics could be shown on the front.  This bag was a great choice.




I recently purchased a lot of these thumb catches and really like the look of them.  If you haven't tried them before, don't be afraid of them.  They go in as easily as magnetic snaps (if you haven't tried magnetic snaps yet...then you really have some catching up to do!!!!).  The best part is that you don't have to cut a big hole in your bag like you do with turn locks (but I like them a lot, too).  The contrasting fabric on the front is a nice large pocket that is protected by the front flap.



The back of the bag features an outside zippered pocket.



The inside of this bag features two slip pockets on one side and another zippered pocket on the other side.

I'm sure that I will make many more of these.  They are fun to make and I just love the results.

8 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous. I'm loving these cool calm colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe that's why I like them, too, Maria. A calming break from my recent bold fabrics.

      Delete
  2. Looks great, I love those fabrics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have been meaning to use them for quite awhile now.

      Delete
  3. Hi!!!! It is very pretty!!!! I love the style of it too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carla. It is a very fun bag to make...crossbody or backpack in one.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete