July 7, 2014

Rosie Midtown Messenger






I loved the April Bag of the Month, the Midtown Messenger by Betz White.  If you weren't a part of the club, you can now get this pattern in her Etsy store here.   I had this black and grey upholstery fabric that I had used on an evening bag and thought it would look good paired with a black suede.  I love the roses all over this fabric. 




The front of the bag has a divided secure pocket under the flap.  The back has a large slip pocket.




The top is closed with a recessed zipper.



The inside has a large tablet pocket.  Yes...and those black and white polka dots again (get used to seeing them).



This is a great bag to use as a purse or as a work briefcase.  It measures 10" x 13 1/2" x 2 1/2".

9 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous ( as all your bags do) Love the rose fabric !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Liz. I do love this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know me, I love these colours and the roses and polka dots are so pretty. I haven't make this bag yet but am looking forward to making it. It looks nice and simple to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria. I just ordered a lot of the thumb latches and I love using them.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous! The materials go very well together. I imagine is even better than what the pictures show because of the textures. You have a great eye for matching fabrics. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow I love it, is gorgeous !!! I love that fabric you did a great job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. The worse apart about this fabric was the fraying. I had to zig zag stitch all of the edges before sewing but well worth it.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete