November 4, 2014

He's Back ....






Sorry it has been so long since I have posted.  I am feeling about the same.  Rheumatologist appointment is tomorrow finally.  Maybe there will finally be a plan of action.

I have been pushing myself to sew even when I don't feel like it.  It takes me so much longer and that is frustrating but I have always found a peaceful place when I am sewing.  I am behind on my orders but all of them are for Christmas so customers have been so understanding.

I have accomplished a few things.  I finished a Bigger On the Inside Drawstring Backpack in black and white fabric with blocks of cities on it.  It was delivered before I took photos.  How did I let that happen???

I, also, finished a test bag for Christine at Chris W Designs.  But I can't show you that yet until it is released.  So far you haven't had to look at too many pictures yet, have you??

Finally, I just completed an order for a customer .  It is the Convertible Bag from Sewing With Mrs H.  And she wanted it in......yoga frog.




I love this bag.  It is fun to make and not only is it a cross body or shoulder bag, it can be turned into a backpack.  You just unhook the strap, thread it through the fabric tunnel on the back of the bag and hook them on to the d rings on the bottom of the back of the bag.  You can get the pattern here.

17 comments:

  1. No need to apologize for slowness! I'm just glad you're still able to sew some and enjoy that "peaceful place". I do hope you get a helpful plan tomorrow and that your life becomes easier soon.

    That looks like a great bag! Those frogs are so funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you've been able to sew. Nice froggy bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Norma. Not as productive but getting a little done.

      Delete
  3. Slow and steady wins the race...oh, that was the turtle not frog ..LOL
    Regardless, he is adorable !
    Hang in there...you'll have good days and you will enjoy them even more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz. It is so true about the good days. Looking so forward to having a few good days thrown in.

      Delete
  4. Nice froggy fabric, make me smile. I'm that you can sew a little. A big hug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lorena. Sewing is worth fighting for.

      Delete
  5. Cool bag. Prayers for you to get some relief. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that yoga frog fabric. That bag looks great in the frog yoga fabric too. Looking forward to seeing your Serendipity Hip bag. I just posted mine on my blog a few minutes ago, since I saw the pattern has been released.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your appointment goes well. I love the yoga frog too. I also bought the pattern from Mrs H but have yet to make it because of supplies are difficult to find. Mrs H the cost and shipping from the UK is not worth it. The Etsy Hong Kong supplies make me a little nervous. Are they trust worthy? Is there a local source (cleveland area) or the good US source for purse findings? Any help from anyone is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, I've ordered from Hong Kong with great success and no issues. Maybe you can try it by starting with a smaller order and see how it goes. Tandy Leather is another place to order from that has a good variety of hardware--maybe they have a store in your area, too, that you can go to in person (I am fortunate to have one in mine).

      Krista

      Delete
    2. same here.
      No problem with supplies from hong Kong/china. Tandy leather has a lot of supplies too - which they probably source from hong kong/china....
      Finally - cannibalize a purse/bag from thrift store/garage sale. That's where I get most of my hardware. It's so expensive new and this way - I am re-purposing hardware which sits better with my ethos.

      Delete
  8. It's good to see "him" again, Marilyn! I remember when you were making bags with him before--I actually went out and found the fabric based on your inspiration. I still have it--waiting for the right project to come along, I guess! :).

    I hope that your appointment went well, too--it's really good to see the projects that you're currently doing. Praying that you get some definitive answers and encouragement today!

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope everything goes well for you Marilyn. I love this bag too and the fabric is just adorable. Looking forward to seeing your other bags.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect bag for yoga frog fabric. Very well done. Prayers for today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete