January 27, 2015

Rosanna Tote Bag






I can finally show you a test bag I did a while back from a designer I have never sewn for before.  The Rosanna Tote Bag is from Maria Petrova of Delinda Boutique.  This is a huge bag (17" high, 3" deep and 16 - 18" across) but so fun to make.  If you want a smaller bag, you can print the pattern at 80%.


First of all, I have never done any patchwork and the front of this bag was calling me.  I get remnants from a local furniture store.  I am limited to what I can use them for.  This bag was perfect.  I used all kinds of textured fabric on this bag along with some wool that I had in my stash.



The back of the bag has a hidden zipper pocket between the wool fabric on top and the leaf fabric.


The side of the bag has a gusset that forms a triangle to allow for more room at the bottom of the bag.



The top of the bag can be closed with either a magnetic snap or a zipper.  I chose the zipper closure.

All of the tester bags looked so different.  There are so many choices with this bag.

The directions are clear and concise and the pattern is loaded with lots of great pictures.  Want to make one of your own?  you can get the pattern on her etsy page here.

13 comments:

  1. I really like the result! These are my favorite colors. Thank you, Marilyn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for a great project! I look forward to the next one.

      Delete
  2. Marilyn I love your bag, such a lovely colours, you did a great job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lorena. Yours was great, too. I loved how different all of our bags looked.

      Delete
  3. I love that leaf fabric!!
    Beautiful! ( as always :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your fabric combinations... just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. So different from anything I've done.

      Delete
  5. Your patchwork is perfect Marilyn. I can't believe it was your first time doing some. Of course you wouldn't use that kind of fabric in a quilt, but it's beautiful on a bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete