February 28, 2015

February Bag of the Month, The Hyacinth Bag






Well, here it is the last day of February and I have not shown you my February Bag of the Month yet.  I actually completed it last week but have been busy testing a couple of bags and fulfilling orders that I haven't had a chance to post it yet.  I thought I better do it today so that you knew I actually completed it in the month of February.  I don't want to get behind.  The Hyacinth Bag is the second of six bag patterns that arrive on the 1st of the month for 6 months.  This is the 2nd year for it and this bag was designed by Sara of  Sew Sweetness.



I receive a lot of  discontinued samples of upholstery fabric from a local furniture store and I thought this bag would be cute if I made it in a solid color and highlighted one of those samples on the flap.  Those of you that follow me regularly realize I rarely use blue.  I don't know why that it.  Well, that was the color I chose this time and I think it really set the flap off. (I rarely use solid colors, too, except in linings sometimes).





Under the flap is a zippered pocket and 3 card pockets so you can reach a few key items easily.  The flap closes with a magnetic snap. (Looks like I better iron it again!)



The back of the bag has a zippered pocket


 The inside has a couple of slip pockets.  (Looks like when I get done ironing, I better get the lint roller out, too.  It didn't look like that with the naked eye).  The bag uses Soft and Stable to give it structure.

A new pattern arrives tomorrow morning.  I just wanted to show you that I am ready for it.

7 comments:

  1. I like the easy access pockets. Cool detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy. I was happy to complete it by the end of the month.

      Delete
  2. It turned out great Marilyn. I finally just finished my January Bag. I love it. I took photos this morning and will post in a day or two. I want to make more of the Companion Carpet Bags. I need to catch up though since I haven't even started on the Feb. bag and now the March bag is out. Looking forward to seeing your March bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Daryl. I look forward to your post. I have a few new things to do before I can get to the March bag

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! We have an ice/rain/snow day so I am ready to dig into the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same weather as here. I am finishing up a bag and then have to test another before I can start on the March bag.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete