May 8, 2015

The New Kristine ID Wallet from Uniquely Michelle






I was delighted to be a tester for Michelle Brown Burke of Uniquely Michelle with her brand new pattern, the Kristine ID Wallet.  I have made a few different kinds of ID wallets and I was curious to see how this one would be different.



Isn't it cute?  Let me tell you about this ID wallet and what I like about it.  First of all it is designed for the advanced beginner to the intermediate sewist.  The finished size is 5.5" wide and 3.5" high.  It also has a layer of fleece in it to give it a softer feel than other ID wallets I have made.  I like that.  On this side of the wallet is an envelope pocket that is secured by a snap.  The pattern uses a magnetic snap but I love these snaps I get from Snapsource and decided to use one of those instead.  One of the testers used a button and buttonhole.  The choice is yours.  Under the flap are...





two card pockets for a secure way to carry a couple of credit cards or rewards cards.  On the other side of the wallet is the ID pocket that can carry a few other cards as well...




What I like best, though, is the zip pocket on top that is large enough to carry dollars and change or lip gloss....





The ID wallet has a key ring attached which allows you to attach it to your keys or, the pattern also comes with directions to make  a wristlet strap and lanyard to make it even more convenient to carry with you.

I made a second one in a brown and blue print.







It is so cute, right?  Go to Uniquely Michelle's blog and see some of the other testers' wallets here.  You can get the Kristine ID Wallet pattern on Michelle's Etsy page here or on her Craftsy page here.  I see many more of these in my future.

18 comments:

  1. It IS really cute--the green gingham is a surprise "pop" of accent color and is so summery looking. These would make great little gifts!

    This is a new-to-me designer, so thanks for introducing her to me!

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Krista. These are really cute. She has a wristlet pattern that is nice, too. She has been sewing a long time but just starting to write patterns. She does have an etsy site where she sells some of the bags she makes. She says another pattern is in the works. I have seen her participating in some of the groups I follow on facebook.

      Delete
  2. So very cute! I especially love the blue/brown one. Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the green one best. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice wallet Marilyn. Love that lime green and the blue and brown my daughter would want. Looks like a nice small size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Daryl. I've made a lot of ID wallets I like the zipper pocket on this one. It gives you more room for some extra little things.

      Delete
  5. Very nice. Love the colors. I like sewing but it must be something functional as well for me to spend time on it. Thank you for posting this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you are welcome. This is a very functional fast sew. I love them.

      Delete
  6. Yes it is nice. Just got a couple of orders for them after they were seen on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute little I.d. wallet! Love the one on green!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute little I.d. wallet! Love the one on green!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judith. I think it is a cute pattern, too.

      Delete
  9. super cute !! A nice easy wallet !! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz. This is a wallet that can be finished in one sitting.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Liz. This is a wallet that can be finished in one sitting.

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete