March 24, 2016

The Girl Next Door Bag from Imazzpatterns






I recently enjoyed testing a bag for Imazzpatterns called The Girl Next Door Bag. I enjoyed the simplicity and the practicality of this bag.


I used Tula Pink Mini Owl in orchid from her True Colors collection for the main fabric.




If you look closely on the back, you can make out the owls.  The bag measures 11-1/2" H and the width varies from 11" at the top to 13-1/2" at the widest point.  It is 2-1/4" deep.  The flap is closed by a magnetic snap.  But the special part of this bag is the hidden zipper pocket under the contrast strip on the front of the bag.


 Here is my phone sticking out of that pocket.  The pocket is very large as it encompasses the whole front of the bag.  The pleats allow it to expand further without crimping on the space on the inside of the bag.




The inside has an optional slip pocket that I added.


You can purchase this pattern on her Etsy page here.

11 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love your fabric combo. And that sneaky pocket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Candy. Love that hidden pocket, too. It's huge.

      Delete
  2. I love hidden pockets. I also like not having to lift the flap for something I grab often.
    Good to see your post pop up on my sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy. I have more posts coming. I have bags that need to be talked about.

      Delete
  3. Great bag! As usual you are so brave when choosing colors. The front pocket in the bag is very clever. I'm glad you have more posts coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Norma. I have been negligent with my posts but I have a really fun bag coming up next.

      Delete
  4. Your bag came out so nice Marilyn. I enjoyed making this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for testing the bag for me. As usual your bags are worth waiting for. I love the fabrics used in this bag too, it makes the bag even prettier! I'm glad you enjoy making this, it's a casual and practical bag. Great for quick sewing.
    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks AWESOME Marilyn....as does everything you make! :)

    ReplyDelete